You know the phrase, follow your bliss? I found mine, it is next to an infinity pool overlooking the ocean, at a boutique all-inclusive hotel nestled on a hill in the jungle! This combo of nature and hospitality has serious healing powers. This is a slight departure from my regular all food programming, but I have to tell you about this all inclusive in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!
I’ve been to a few all-inclusives in my life. I am not a fan of the theme-park style wrist bands, the watered down or too sweet/syrupy cocktails made with so-so liquor brands, and the average food.
So, I was really excited about our trip to Puerto Vallarta when I found Hotel Mousai. It is not as big as the all-inclusive theme parks (adult only), but includes many of the great amenities. We picked Puerto Vallarta because it is one of the few travel destinations of Mexico less prone to hurricanes during October. Hotel Mousai did not disappoint! The only “downside” is that because the hotel is practically built along a jungly cliff side, it has a small private sand beach, surrounded by mostly rocks. But, the pools with the views made up for it! Also, the rooms were so comfortable, with amazing balcony views, and state-of-the art technology (automated curtains, gorgeous bathrooms with toto toilets, and surround sound just to name a few). Here’s my simple summary, followed by pictures that speak for themselves.
- Hotel Mousai has 3 great restaurants for dinner (top shelf alcohol and great wine by the glass)
- Steak (BocaDos STK)
- Mexican (Blanca Blue)
- Sushi (Hiroshi)
- The hotel has 3 infinity pools each with its own appeal.
- One on the roof (unreal views as you are suspended between the ocean and the sky)
- One in the “middle” amidst shady palm trees and beautiful flowers (my personal favorite, it was just very relaxing)
- One right along the beach (great for getting some sun and hearing the ocean waves)
- You can enjoy it all in a quick 3 night trip!